POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : drive cables - not necessarily Windows : Re: drive cables - not necessarily Windows Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: drive cables - not necessarily Windows
From: Alain
Date: 16 Sep 2005 18:42:42
Message: <432b4a62$1@news.povray.org>
tom nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-09-16 00:59:
> This is likely a misplaced question, but is there a difference between SCSI
> cable connexions and IDE connexions? I've searched and found lots of other
> technical info, but not what I'm looking for. I've got this (SCSI?) card
> that doesn't quite fit the cables for the IDE drives. I don't know if it's
> just been packed away a long time and shiny from never being used, or ....

Do you want to fry one or both? They are *NOT* compatible, keep IDE cable for IDE
controler to IDE
devices and SCSI cables SCSI controler to SCSI devices. Also, *DON'T* ever try to
connect SCSI in a
parallel interface, even if the plug does fit!!! You don't want that strange smoke and
acrid smell
of burnt electronic.
IDE is a standers and SCSI is another different and incompatible one.

Alain