POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diamond Great Rhombicosidodecahedron : Re: Diamond Great Rhombicosidodecahedron Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diamond Great Rhombicosidodecahedron
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 15 Sep 2005 13:45:45
Message: <4329b349$1@news.povray.org>
I am using the proper diamond 2.417 ior.  One problem with the rendering
is that the purpose of the assignment was to model and show off the
Archimedean, yet the high ior makes the geometry very confusing to look
at.  This is part of the reason why I framed the edges.  I probably
should have picked something other than diamond for the material on this
one.

No I'm not going to model all of the Archimedeans.  It was a fun
assignment but I have no idea how to do the snub solids.  I also didn't
model them in POV-Ray so it wouldn't be that interesting/useful to the
pure POV folks.  :)

Skip