POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.9 available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.9 available. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.9 available.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Sep 2005 10:46:11
Message: <43298933$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Anyway, I was wondering, becuase it seemed like the assumed_gamma
> commandline option wasn't having an effect.

It won't yet, that part isn't implemented yet.  With gamma the only thing
that changed was the warning message between beta 8 and beta 9, the frontend
doesn't make any use of gamma yet.

> In the end, I think this will be very positive for the program, this
> seems to be what is making this such a long beta cycle and breaking so
> many things.

Well, the beta cycle for POV-Ray 3.5 was well over half a year with iirc 18
public releases.  So we are within the usual timeframe I suppose :-)

	Thorsten