POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : problems with radiosity : Re: problems with radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems with radiosity
From: David El Tom
Date: 14 Sep 2005 18:10:13
Message: <43289fc5$1@news.povray.org>
avplat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to apply radiocity to my scene. Final image looks fine except
> for some strange horizontal lines here and there.
>
> I tried to adjust different parameters, almost without any result. It seems
> that the only parameter which affects the appearence of these lines is
> "error_bound". When it is below 2.0, the lines start to enumerate. Close to
> 0.01 they become so numerous that they form ugly patches. Above 2.0 there
> is practically no difference.
>
> What is wrong? Could someone please help?

Hi there,

it may be strange but i had the same problem of brighter horizantal
lines and blocks also several times. But in my case it was not due to
radiosity but due to the choosen antialiasing parameters (as well on
win32 as on linux). Especialy when using method 1. Switching to method 2
normaly solved the problem in my cases.

(xcuse for my poor english)

dave