POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Southbound (IRTC WIP) : Re: Southbound (IRTC WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Southbound (IRTC WIP)
From: Rick Measham
Date: 8 Sep 2005 03:24:02
Message: <431fe712@news.povray.org>
Tyler Eaves wrote:
> Well, after 3 days of work here's where I'm at. I'm progressing MUCH
> faster than I'd expected.

It's coming along nicely .. however there's a couple of things on the
ground that need attention:

Your ties (sleepers) are too slim .. cement ones are about that size,
but you need to make larger timber ones.

Also, as someone pointed out the other day, the pins don't go through
the rails. This is because the rails expand and contract based on the
weather. If they were nailed down as per your drawing, they'd end up
shearing the pins and/or getting deformed.

Thanks for sharing your progress!
Cheers!
Rick Measham