POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange light behaviour : Re: Strange light behaviour Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange light behaviour
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Sep 2005 08:27:15
Message: <431d8b23@news.povray.org>

431d3d4c$1@news.povray.org...
> bp wrote:
>> also, it's possible that scene ambience + object ambience maybe adding
>> unwanted energy to the scene (especially at the corners of the room)
>> benp
>
> Thanks ben, I've removed any ambient light from everything so it can't be
> that ..

What Tim said. This setup is just too hard to handle for radiosity because
there's not enough light. For it to work, it would require extremely
high-quality, impractical parameters to get both good results without
artifacts.
If you don't want to change your basic setup, one possibility would be to
add to the scene, hidden from the view, a bright object like a flat box or a
square mesh or disc with ambient 1 or more (playing the part of a soft box
in photography) to generate more light inside the room, the risk being that
this object could also illuminate other parts of the scene.

G.