POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange light behaviour : Re: Strange light behaviour Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange light behaviour
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 6 Sep 2005 04:56:30
Message: <431d59be$1@news.povray.org>
I guess there are a couple of problems.

1: The room you're looking out from is in shadow from the actual
lightsource, so it is lit ONLY by radiosity.
2: The door looks out to the opposite wall of the house. Add that to 3...
3: A count of 85 tends to "overlook" things.

If you'll look at the far room, it gets lit properly. So the reason why the
current room is so dark is because radiosity sampling doesn't find anything
bright! Try moving the lightsource so that some of it enters the room and
you'll notice the difference.

What I'm suspecting is that with the current setup, it will be quite
difficult to get some lighting into the room. Try raising count to something
like 600 or so for starters to see if that changes anything. Maybe try
raising recursion_limit to 3 or 4, though I don't expect it to have much
influence on the scene as it is.

You might even want to try and use the radiosity-settings from "Windows
Room", which I've posted in povray.binaries.scene-files. Or at least have a
look at it, as I've used settings which I've come to like and rely on for a
long time now.

Regards,
Tim
--