POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange light behaviour : Re: Strange light behaviour Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange light behaviour
From: Rick Measham
Date: 6 Sep 2005 02:50:03
Message: <431d3c1b@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> Holy crap!

Excellent! I've always wanted to extract a 'Holy Crap' from someone :)

OK, I've brought those values back to your recommendation, but then
things started getting really really weird. So I decreased the amount of
light flying around (my sun was at White * 40, and the skysphere was
(some blue)*5).

Now the interior of the room is almost pitch black.

I've also tried adding the tiniest amount of reflection and fairly heavy
diffusion to everything in the hope of getting it looking better.

I'm going to look at light_sys once I get a chance, but I'm really
interested in why this isn't working.

(You'll notice in the corners, there's still a little brightness, and
there's still strange patterns there ..)

Cheers!
Rick Measham

	radiosity {
		pretrace_start 0.08