POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : room scene : Re: room scene Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: room scene
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 5 Sep 2005 14:38:37
Message: <431c90ad$1@news.povray.org>
Wagner wrote:
> This is a scene I'm working on. Suggestions are welcome.

The light's a little too ambient and doesn't seem realistic.. I would
expect to see more shadows in this room. Also, natural lighting can't
come anywhere near the power of direct sunlight, so either dim it a bit,
or make the sunlight brighter so the radiosity (which I assume you're
using) lights up the back left corner a bit.

Other than that, I think it looks great. Putting a flower or two in that
little vase would add a bit of color to the scene and also create more
of a focal point (which you may not want). Scattering around some common
household odds and ends would make the room feel a little more lived in.

-Xplo