POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI : Re: HDRI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI
From: Slime
Date: 3 Sep 2005 21:57:28
Message: <431a5488$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks for the answer, I assume I can achieve this by adding a very bright
> light source. I will try again and see if I can improve the image.

Also consider making the sky_sphere very bright, since the sky is usually a
significant source of light especially relative to the inside of a room.

To see the real benefit of using HDRI, use a low reflection value on your
objects. With a normal image background that has a maximum value of 1, an
object with reflection .3 will only reflect a maximum brightness of .3. But
if the background image is HDRI, and it has, say, a maximum value of 3, the
object will reflect a brightness of .9 even though its reflection value is
low.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]