POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI : Re: HDRI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI
From: Slime
Date: 3 Sep 2005 19:09:53
Message: <431a2d41@news.povray.org>
> Hmmm, I have re-rendered the non-HDRI image now just using a normal image
> map. I must admit I am a bit confused as I can not tell any difference
> between the two images. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what I
> must be doing wrong with my HDR attempt.

The only difference between an HDR image and a normal image is that the HDR
image is capable of storing color values greater than one (and also very
tiny values in high resolution). It would appear that your HDR image isn't
taking advantage of this. If the scene it came from doesn't have any
brighter-than-one spots (which appears to be the case), you won't benefit
from using HDRI.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]