POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared for company (Final "Windows") : Prepared for company (Final "Windows") Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Prepared for company (Final "Windows")
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Aug 2005 18:39:14
Message: <43163192@news.povray.org>
So, this is the final, daylight version of "Windows", now appropriately
named.

I've changed the color of the leather to give it a warmer touch, added
another chair, winebottle and glass, worked some on the contrast, tweaked
the radiosity and arealights... I cheated for the chair, to illuminate it
properly and avoid a blob of dark red color, I enveloped the chair with a
lightgroup with a single, soft and dim arealight for some highlights and
shadowing. Just imagine an open door behind the camera and it works out. ;-)

Anyways, the radiosity gathering required roughly 20 minutes at 320x240
without antialiasing, but the final render, done at 3200x2400 without
antialiasing (so that I can downscale with smooth, clipped values for the
antialiasing), required just above 7 hours whilst rendering "Windows" for a
sunset-version and the test-runs for the empty room. The sunset-version will
have to wait until I find some proper lighting scheme (from RL) to copy,
just judging by memory how orangish the light should be, how dark, etc,
doesn't work out. Besides, I don't have a proper background yet, so I need
to wait until I can make a good photo of a sunset. :-)

I'll probably update my webpage tomorrow or the day after to place this
image in my online-gallery, so if anyone wants to use it for the desktop or
such, check my webpage sometime in the next few days to get the 1280x960
version from there.

And thanks for all the feedback during the WIP. :-)

Regards,
Tim
--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"