POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Windows (WIP, Take 3) : Re: Windows (WIP, Take 3) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows (WIP, Take 3)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 30 Aug 2005 09:06:47
Message: <431459e7@news.povray.org>
> One thing that disturbs me is the round window ending so close over the
> sofa. It looks like the sofa is very very close to the wall - too close
> for my taste :)

I've raised the window somewhat, which gives a better impression. As for the
proximity to the wall: I've double-checked, and it's not really touching the
wall, but I've moved it a few centimeters off, just so that you feel
comfortable. :-)

> About the stuff to put on the table: If you're not going for a special
> theme, the "standard" thing would be some magazines and a bowl of
> fruits, but I must say I like your wine/sunset-idea better. Don't know
> about the glares, though, perhaps if they're really subtle.

So far, the radiosity did a fine job of creating smooth glows around bright
areas pretty good by itself. I'm considering the glares for specular
highlights and such, but I'm not too sure about it yet. The image is pretty
smooth and nice as it is, and I personally don't like "overglowed-smoothed"
images. It often feels like losing detail to me.

Regards,
Tim
--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"