POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen ... : Re: Kitchen ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kitchen ...
From: Verm
Date: 27 Aug 2005 13:52:02
Message: <4310a842@news.povray.org>
Hasan3 wrote:
> "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
>
>>Like others have said, this is a lot better. I think the metal on the
>>faucett needs to be darker though, with little diffuse (0.2?) and sharper
>>highlights.
>

> I'm working just now. How is this scene?

Very pretty, I see you've been playing with normals, I like the worktop
texture.

The wine glass might be improved by adding refraction as it does look
like a ghost at the moment, and the water in the sink is not believable.

Also your wood texture is very good but is let down by the fact that
every cupboard has the same wood grain pattern.

I'd also be inclined to agree that the white parts of the cupboards are
rather more reflective than I'd expect. I'm also not sure how long a
mirrored chrome sink would stay unscratched, but I like it and I like
it's clean simple shape.

These are only minor points in a frighteningly detailed and well
modelled scene.