POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen ... : Re: Kitchen ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kitchen ...
From: Verm
Date: 27 Aug 2005 13:29:29
Message: <4310a2f9@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> Some of the Hilights in the second image seem way too bright, (see the
> cabinet door by the window.)  Also there's still too much reflection in
> the sink texture and the floor.

The floor is very reflective but I'd be inclined to believe glassy
marble tiles *could* be that reflective. The sink looks like mirrored
chrome.

> As to the change of texture on the counter, I was rather fond of the
> marble counter top, but I still think that the counter top should be cut
> away around the stove. (From a purely practical standpoint, you'd have a
> very difficult time replacing it if something went wrong.

I'm afraid Antony that I've go to go with Alain here - in most new
kitchens in my part of the world you have fitted ovens with separate
hobs (burners). This way you can choose which oven you get with which
hob and you can put the oven at worktop height if you wish. You also
don't get the gap around the hob which is just waiting for food to fall
down it, and it can be about 2/3 of the price of a free standing unit.
Alternatively people go for a freestanding stainless steel range cooker
with 5 or 6 burners.

from a very quick google image search for gas hob.
http://www.house-sa.com/Shelley%20Beach/Gas-hob_fridge.jpg