POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kitchen ... : Re: Kitchen ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kitchen ...
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 26 Aug 2005 20:55:40
Message: <430fba0c$1@news.povray.org>
Hasan3 wrote:
> "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
>
>>Like others have said, this is a lot better. I think the metal on the
>>faucett needs to be darker though, with little diffuse (0.2?) and sharper
>>highlights.
>

> I tested that scene with  fog (Range 1000).

Some of the Hilights in the second image seem way too bright, (see the
cabinet door by the window.)  Also there's still too much reflection in
the sink texture and the floor.

I wouln't recommend using fog, but rather an athmospheric media.
(Although this can be tricky.)

As to the change of texture on the counter, I was rather fond of the
marble counter top, but I still think that the counter top should be cut
away around the stove. (From a purely practical standpoint, you'd have a
very difficult time replacing it if something went wrong.

Also, the heat from the range is going to stunt that plant.

The glass texture on the wine gobblet is a little ghostly.  It's
difficult to tell it's even there.

If you're making your own textures.

Regards,

A.D.B.