POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Love the colors but ... : Re: Love the colors but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Love the colors but ...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Aug 2005 06:20:03
Message: <430eecd3$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.430ee1b94bbce914726bd13c0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> I decided to render this one using POV-Ray 3.7 beta 8 to and I posted the
> result in the same thread. I like the more vibrant looking colors, but see
> a lot of artifacts and the soft shadow is even looking worse than in the
> original.

In the future, please check the list of known bugs before reporting them again:

   o There is an issue with media and transparency. See
     <42769324$1@news.povray.org>.
   o The windows editor does not always detect new files as type 'povray'.
   o In many cases speed is not as good as 3.6.
   o Photon support is not yet completed.
   o There are some differences in the way gamma correction works.

Also, when reporting bugs, please follow the bug reporting guidelines as
outlined in the faq group.

	Thorsten