POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - obligatory RSOCP : Re: First post - obligatory RSOCP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - obligatory RSOCP
From: Verm
Date: 24 Aug 2005 04:41:02
Message: <430c329e@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Someone else noted it:
>
> That bookshelf is frustratingly crammed against that couch. Is this
> scene a model of a room you have seen in real life?

I'm sitting in it. Ok there's no rug, reflective sphere, or any couches
yet. There are however 1.5 lovely orange futons and curtains and a TV.
The colour scheme is not entirely accurate - the walls are two tone and
the floor carpet is cream.

I don't think there is much choice about where to put the book shelf or
couches. Somehow I think it looks better in that corner than in front of
the doors, windows or TV. You'll still be able to get at all the shelves
(apart from the bottom two) when you stand infront of the couch.

Part of the reason for doing this scene was to help visualise how much
space the sofas would take.

If any of you (or your wife :-P Jim) have any better suggestions for
where to put the DVD and video covered bookshelf let me know.
(Suggestions that don't involve buying a bigger house - only just moved
into this one)

> Very nicely done living room, btw. You even got a reasonable facimile of
>  the "popcorn" ceiling material! :)

Thanks. I wasn't sure how to do a swirly artex ceiling so I settled for
a generic textured ceiling. I think I'd probably prefer a plain one
anyway....