POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - obligatory RSOCP : Re: First post - obligatory RSOCP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - obligatory RSOCP
From: Verm
Date: 22 Aug 2005 09:30:03
Message: <4309d35b$1@news.povray.org>
stm31415 wrote:

> I like it. The sphere tex is gorgeous.

Thanks. erm...

Lifted directly from the table lamp base in Jaime's demo scene....
texture{
  pigment{rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_WindowAluminum)}
  finish{metallic diffuse .4 reflection{.5,.7}}
}
It wasn't broke so I didn't fix it :-)

> Only complaint: who on earth would put a bookshelf there?

Me? I've not got the couch yet but the Ikea bookshelf is already there.

 > You can't use it w/o standing on the couch, or worse, moving it!

Ok I won't be able to get to the bottom 2 shelves too easily but I'm
fairly sure I'll be able to get to the rest.

It's still a WIP as the colours are a bit washed out / wrong, and I've
not done the TV etc, or any curtains and the carpet is not right. I also
want to do more to the rug and get the fire working.

The carpet looked fine from one angle but from this angle it's lost all
its texture.

Is there any easy way to do curtains or carpets?