POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Tyrany of Plato : Re: The Tyrany of Plato Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Tyrany of Plato
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 20 Aug 2005 11:16:25
Message: <43074949$1@news.povray.org>
AMD Athlon x64 4000+, nvidia 4 chipset, 2GB of 400MHz DDR
ram. It's my new toy. I've toyed with the setting until I
filled RAM without going too much over.

I think it might be nice if one could parameterize the
number of photons using a target memory capacity instead
of counts or density. Some kind of "shoot me for 1.5GB"
setting.