POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doodling Windows (WIP) : Re: Doodling Windows (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doodling Windows (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Aug 2005 18:34:59
Message: <43065e93$1@news.povray.org>
> This is a really good example how smooth and appealing lighting in such
> a scene can be done in POV-Ray with quite reasonable render times (care
> to mention?)

I've written a post in reply to my image which covers the radiosity-settings
and the rendering times for the two passes. Since so many asked, I only went
through the hassle of answering once. :-)

> And i think the lighting - despite not being highly accurate - is better
> than in a lot of images of similar scenes done with commercial renderers.

High praise (though most of it goes to POV-Ray, but I had a little influence
in it. :-) Thank you very much!

But I agree totally, there are quite a few commercial renderers which I find
truly lacking, though one could argue that if an experienced User would sit
at it, he/she would get good results too. It's not like this is the first
time I've played with radiosity. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--