POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doodling Windows (WIP) : Re: Doodling Windows (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doodling Windows (WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Aug 2005 18:31:50
Message: <43065dd6@news.povray.org>
> A very nice image, I like the lighting and also didn't notice any
artifacts
> with the radiosity. Is the photograph just mapped onto a plane/box or did
> you map it to the inside of a sphere?

It's mapped onto a pair of triangles which are calculated to sit in direct
line of the camera's viewing frustrum, using my Glare-Macros (available on
my website in the Downloads Section). I've simpled used the following setup
to do that:

#declare Camera_Location = <1.32,1.1,-3.8>;
#declare Camera_Look_At = <-1.51,.85,0>;

camera{
  location Camera_Location
  look_at Camera_Look_At
}

#if (!Save)
  #declare Backdrop = texture{pigment{image_map{jpeg "windows_bk4.jpg"}scale
<-1,1,1>}finish{ambient .9 diffuse 0} translate <-.1,.035,0>}
  Glare_PlaceImage(Backdrop,20)
#end

The #if is to check if I'm doing the 1st Pass (collecting  samples) or the
2nd, to avoid placing samples onto the image or having the image itself
influence the calculations.

> My only complaint is I would like to see a higher resolution render ;-)
> Especially when you add the furniture etc..

Sure thing, once this is done and rendered at an appropriate resolution, it
should be available for download on my website, but I'll post on the
development as well.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>