POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mixed media : Re: Mixed media Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mixed media
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Aug 2005 03:00:26
Message: <43003d8a@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.42ffc8a8eba068608342980a0@news.povray.org...

> From: Thomas de Groot
>
> >> Pretty, but they're going to crash into each other pretty soon.
> >>
> >Torn apart, before crashing into each other, probably.
> >Pretty indeed, but I have some misgivings about the absence of a
terminator
> >on the blue planet... or what? There is something strange in the whole
> >setting of sun+ringplanet+blueplanet that gives me the feeling that they
do
> >not belong together...
>
> I thought about that... the "Roc"? force... uhm.. the force that sounds
like
> "Rock", describes how a planet behaves when it approaches a bigger
> planet... such as breaking apart.  And I'm wondering if Io is borderline
> breaking up, being so close to Jupiter.  Thomas, what is "absence of a
> terminator on the blue planet"?

Oh, sorry! The terminator is the boundary zone between day and night, and I
wondered if it would not be visible here. But I may be wrong because it
depends on the position of the sun, which you can deduce from the media
shadows of the clouds!
In any case, it is a beautiful picture and I would like to live on such a
planet....

Thomas