POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spill : Re: Spill Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spill
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 14 Aug 2005 13:17:20
Message: <42ff7ca0$1@news.povray.org>
>>>Just about, I guess. =) My name actually comes from the Slime monster in
>>>Dragon Warrior games.
>>
>>...so now you're a monster? :-|
>

> Yeah, but I only have like 3 or 4 HP so don't worry about it.

...right...I'm going to stop persuing this line of conversation now...

>>I did an image a while back using a 256x256 area light + radiosity. It
>>didn't take that long...
>

> Without adaptive?

:-|

Hell no!! That's *with* adaptive. ;-)

> Keep in mind that as the rays travel through the liquid,
> they reflect and refract and end up hitting a lot of surfaces (the max trace
> level of 5 is reached), and for every intersection the area light has to be
> sampled for shadows. I just don't want to think what radiosity will add to
> that (it was slow enough without the liquid part).

They only reflect and refract when they *hit* the liquid, not as they
travel through it. (Although that might make it look even better - but I
don't wanna think about how slow that would be!)