POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spill : Re: Spill Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spill
From: Slime
Date: 13 Aug 2005 18:46:15
Message: <42fe7837@news.povray.org>
> Obviously, adhesion works right only on the left side of each "ripple"...

Actually, the liquid between the ripples is just about in the center of the
grooves. It's just that only the right side of the grooves (the left side of
the ripples) are lit, so it looks like they're hugging that side. On top of
that, the effect of perspective on the left side of the image makes it look
like there's more space to the left of the liquid than there really is.

I'm rendering a new version with some changes that might help. The ambient
lighting on the ripples is more visible, and the liquid sticks to them a
little more closely. Trying out 3.7beta7 to see how much faster it goes,
since I don't need radiosity.

Funny thing is, the liquid was actually an afterthought. The original image
was just the ridges and I thought it needed something to make it more
interesting.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]