POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What on earth...? [~110 KB] : Re: The answer Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The answer
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 13 Aug 2005 06:08:49
Message: <42fdc6b1$1@news.povray.org>
> Plasma globe. Usually (the typical blue tendrils, orange footprints
> variety) filled with Ne and He in a vacuum (mostly He. The bit of Ne.
> gives the footprint the orange glow)
>
> I actually own one of these. 8-)

Me also. (The footprints are pink.)

I also own a second one - it's really weird. The surface is the glass is
opaque, but when it's on you see randow colours glowing through it. (I
imagine the glass itself is coated with some kind of phosphore - the
colour seem to stay on one side of the globe...)

I think the contents of the globe might actually count as "plasma" too...