POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System - Take 5 [~165 kB] : Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 5 [~165 kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 5 [~165 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Aug 2005 09:38:31
Message: <42fca657@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.42fb46d9b9d4c122841337530@news.povray.org...

> Wow!
> Cool!
> What is it?  What's Kepler model?

Thank you!
Kepler's model is/was his idea of the solar system, based on the harmonic
measures of Euclidean primitives. The object you see is based on an
engraving that was published in his book on the subject.

> Having so many objects makes the scene believable.... must have been hard
> work putting in all those objects and aligning them exactly in place.....
> I'm having a tough time already picking up real objects in my room and
> putting them in right place... such a time-consuming event.

Not so hard to place them as this scene was built in Moray. You see exactly
what you do... except that I have also pure POV-ray objects imported, and
that is somewhat harder. But there are a couple of plugins around that makes
work easy.

> And how do you post more than 1 picture?

Well, you can attach as many files as you want, like in an e-mail. I
currently use MS explorer for my mail and newsgroup work, and it works fine.

Thomas