POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What on earth...? [~110 KB] : Re: The answer Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The answer
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 12 Aug 2005 01:43:57
Message: <42fc371c@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 spake:

>> Ouch - no wonder I was totally wrong. Never heard of a chaos pendulum -
>> some kind of classical experiment or device in physics?
>
> Like I said, a pendulum with a magnetic weight, with three magnets
> placed near to the swing path. You can find them in places like the
> Discovery story and the Gadget shop - along with Netwon's Cradle and
> other such amusements...

Hmm... what's that "plasma ball" thing called? You know, the one with the
glass sphere, filled with some gas (no idea what) and when you place your
hands on it it seems to "flow" in your direction, looking like lightning is
going on inside it? Some kinda flourescent gas.

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer