POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tracing around objects : Tracing around objects Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Tracing around objects
From: Mike Kost
Date: 9 Aug 2005 14:59:30
Message: <42f8fd10@news.povray.org>
Hey all,

I've been goofing around with .df3 files and stumbled onto a neat effect. To
create the attached image, I included a tree (generic one from POV-Tree)
and used the trace() function to probe the surface of the tree and output
intersection coordinates to the command line. A python script processed the
intersection points into a .df3 file. In a second .pov file, I included the
.df3 as the density in a media section to create the ghost tree on the
right while the original tree is on the left.

Mike K
--
http://povray.tashcorp.net

Post a reply to this message