POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : minimalism: final (~4k) : Re: minimalism: final (~4k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: minimalism: final (~4k)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 2 Aug 2005 09:55:16
Message: <42ef7b44$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message

> Awhile back, in a thread I no longer remember the point of, I was mouthing
> off as
> usual, That time, I launched on a whole thing about "monochrome"
> paintings/painters.  It was in response to a posted link to a picture of a
> Malevich painting of a colored square against a white field.  Thing was, I
> thought I was looking at a picture of a monochrome painting hanging on a
> wall.  My memory had abbreviated Malevich's entire career to his famous
> white on white painting and completely forgot what the majority of his
> oeuvre looked like.  So I "saw" what I expected to see. Gilles responded
> very diplomatically as I recall.

Sorry for the late response...

It was one of my threads!
http://news.povray.org/irtc.stills/thread/%3C3e9ae047%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=216344&toff=100

Anyway, it was a very informative experience for me (I was Slashdolt at that
time).  I just re-read portions of it.  I think I've matured quite a bit
since those days.  I hope so, anyway...

The most painful part for me was re-reading something I typed in (bad)
French in response to Gilles' mentioning the boar skeleton.  Alas, I was
young and impetuous.