POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K) : Re: Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 2 Aug 2005 08:15:31
Message: <42ef63e2@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot spake:

> "Stefan Viljoen polard.com>" <spamnot@<removethis> schreef in bericht
>> ...... So I decided to model this entity's office. I
>> wanted to aim for a conventional type of still-life scene, but with just
>> that bit of "wrongness" that it doesn't quite click, but something keeps
>> bothering you.

> Ah! This is an interesting concept: Trying to imagine an alien
> environment. You shall have to become an alien yourself in order to
> understand
> its/his/her psychology.  :-)
> I think the windows look too earthy, although there may be convergence
> (there certainly should be, but in unexpected ways). Also the furniture
> will be adapted to its/his/her morphology (bipedal?). Have you read
> 'Gateway' and 'Beyond the blue event horizon', by Frederik Pohl? There are

I've heard a lot about the novels but have never gotten around to reading
one of them. Played an abandonware computer game a while ago that was
themed to be a Gateway (?) game. Weir stuff.

> some interesting speculations there about alien morphology deduced from
> furniture (that is shown to be wrong at the end of the books).

Thanks Thomas this is a good idea. Yeah, so far the scene may be a bit too
ordinary, having a weirdly shaped stool or something for the entity to sit
in would really work nice.

Kind regards,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer