POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : area_light vs pointlight grid : Re: area_light vs pointlight grid Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: area_light vs pointlight grid
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Aug 2005 06:54:10
Message: <42ef50d2$1@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian H." <van### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> Bob Hughes wrote:
>> The desktop reflection, or rather highlighting, of the light object might
>> be
>> the most dramatic change of all. Seems to be a slight change in the
>> shadow
>> at the base, too, although I don't notice any difference in the sphere's
>> shadow.
>>

> Interesting.
> I let gimp calculate the difference image
> (pixel that differ are bright).
> As you said the shadow isn't affected (as expected).

Looks like the light spread, or diffusion, on the desktop nearest the source
is quite different-- if I read this image right (darker least changed,
lighter most changed). Maybe that's why I thought the shadow there might be
different. I like how this shows zones of no change between the rest of it,
showing as rings of blackness.