POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K) : Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Tesselsphere Builder's studio - wip (100K)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 2 Aug 2005 02:10:48
Message: <42ef0e62@news.povray.org>
Hi all

A while ago I posted an image built using the Tesselsphere program - it was
themed to be an alien creature travelling through space. Then I hit on the
idea that somewhere (the creator's office?) somebody sits building all life
- aliens and otherwise. So I decided to model this entity's office. I
wanted to aim for a conventional type of still-life scene, but with just
that bit of "wrongness" that it doesn't quite click, but something keeps
bothering you.

Heh.

Still working on it, so here's my current state - still gotta put stuff
outside the windows, and fingure out just precisely how I am going to
impart some "wrongess" / supernaturality / alienness into the scene... A
recurring theme at the moment is RGB - note that several sets of objects
all are either red, green, or blue, which is a visual pun on the fact that
any color can be represented using percentages of them, and so the sphere
creator has them exhibited in his / hers / its home and studio, since it,
well, creates stuff, and the colors remind that anything can be created.

Enough sci-fi. Still a lot of work to do, but up to now I am pretty pleased
with the result.
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'original_image.jpg' (19 KB) Download 'studio.jpg' (83 KB)

Preview of image 'original_image.jpg'
original_image.jpg

Preview of image 'studio.jpg'
studio.jpg