POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Maximal Minimalism : Re: Maximal Minimalism, (update). Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maximal Minimalism, (update).
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Aug 2005 21:01:56
Message: <42eec604$1@news.povray.org>
Fantastic idea and renderings, Steve.

Have you used 'absorption' in your media?

That web page of sand grain photos shows this kind of thing to be more
transparent except where the boundaries/outlines/thickest parts are, so I'm
wondering if less scattering is needed but with more absorption. Actually,
thinking about it more, that would make it even more opaque in the wrong
places. Needs to be most opaque along those edges and inner lines somehow...
and wish I knew what to suggest for doing that.

Bob