POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tunnel : Re: Tunnel Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tunnel
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Aug 2005 20:01:35
Message: <42eeb7df$1@news.povray.org>
Wow, this sure has changed since the first time I saw it. I really like the
way only a few of the lights are on. Very contrasty now, too.

Not sure if you noticed on your monitor that there is a ladder rung artifact
where the hatchway door is at, looks like either media sampling caused it,
or maybe the area_light + media. My LCD screen shows it up easily when
tilted.

I still think the sky (or whatever is above) should be brighter, since eyes
would adjust to the darkness in this tunnel and the light beaming through
the gratings would probably appear artificially intensified. Thing is, if
that were done it would likely need an overglow added.

Bob