POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tenth planet rendition called Morpheus [~52KB JPG] : Re: Morpheus again... for wallpaper [~560KB JPG] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morpheus again... for wallpaper [~560KB JPG]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Aug 2005 17:11:00
Message: <42ee8fe4$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Hi Bob, This version seems a bit closer to their artist's rendition
> because it seems more regular.  But that is precisely what I find less
> believable.  I liked the larger variations

It was the large elevation changes I wasn't sure would be feasible, though,
after thinking it over a while. I kept thinking icey rock at first and, even
though that might make for a flat terrain (Jupiters moons come to mind), I
was considering the extreme cold making the surface so ridgid that
mountainous places could exist.

Afterward, I got to thinking about the overall size. If as big as Earth's
Moon then I had to figure it still probably had enough gravity to smooth
things out. But you're right, Jim, it was very uninteresting that way. Last
night I changed it yet again and it's more like the first time again.

I'll post that one as a final for this subject and probably move on to other
things.

Bob