POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old telephone 2 (64k) : Re: Old telephone 2 (64k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old telephone 2 (64k)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 1 Aug 2005 13:15:42
Message: <42ee58be@news.povray.org>
helge_h wrote:

> I think I will keep the rubbery surface on the cable, I'm not quite sure how
> to make a convincing cloth surface for it.

You might take a close look at the what the leopard pattern can do.  Or
slso the radial pattern combined with a gradient.  Then learn to
Reorient the pattern for each component along the spline.  Another
promising plan of attack might be to change your cyls and spheres to
mesh components with a pattern UV mapped for each triangle individually.