POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Maximal Minimalism : Maximal Minimalism Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Maximal Minimalism
From: St
Date: 31 Jul 2005 09:16:23
Message: <42eccf27@news.povray.org>
I think I'm going to stick with this idea for the IRTC.

 Thomas, you'd make a good detective as you were really close with what I
was doing. :)

Anyway, it 'is' a grain of sand. I found a great site when looking for
images of a single grain of sand which is here:

  http://www.sandgrains.com/fine_art_prints.htm

 These grains are quite exotic and unusual in that they are Maui sand grains
magnified at 200x, which, as you'll see, are made from various sea-life
forms. With this image, I've tried to recreate the blue translucency of the
snailshell images, but used my own model inside the grain. I think it's kind
of working, but I've got to get the natural inclusions a lot better.

  (I think I'll try the Brittlestar idea too).

  Hope you like it, comments welcome.

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: