POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tenth planet rendition called Morpheus [~52KB JPG] : tenth planet rendition called Morpheus [~52KB JPG] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  tenth planet rendition called Morpheus [~52KB JPG]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jul 2005 18:52:58
Message: <42ec04ca@news.povray.org>
I decided to give this new planet a try. Calling it Morpheus because I
haven't seen the official name yet, and besides, this name makes sense to me
because it is a Greek god of dreams or sleep. It's supposed to be about the
size of the Moon, or a little less, but I don't know anything more than that

What do you think about either my render here or the discovery? I read about
it while browsing through space-related web sites, first, then saw it
mentioned on TV news today. Here's one place that tells about it:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/29jul_planetx.htm

BTW, the bright speck along the left side of this image is the Sun. Nothing
actually to scale here since the sun's disk would never be seen anyway. The
planet is made from four multiplied functions used for isosurface; 3
different crackle and 1 wrinkles. Stars are simply small-scaled granite.

Thanks for looking!
Bob Hughes

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planet-X_morpheus.jpg' (38 KB)

Preview of image 'planet-X_morpheus.jpg'
planet-X_morpheus.jpg