POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... : Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool...
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 30 Jul 2005 18:46:00
Message: <42ec0328$1@news.povray.org>
Mark Birch wrote:
> I picked up this terrific light fitting from a sparky at work, and thought
> it
> would look good in a scene I'm working on.  The base is pure CSG (autocad
> sure
> helps with getting those tangents right) but the zigzaggy bit is cut out
> from a merge using isosurfaces (it's going to be a glass texture later, but
> I want to see what the shape looks like now).

Hmm...  Don't know why, but I keep seeing the lower half as one of those
Escher-like impossible, inside-out figures.  When I look closely I can
see it definitely is not, but there's something about the lighting, the
position or whatever that confuses my eyes.  Rotating it 90 degrees CCW
helps, but still...  Of course, maybe it's just me.  ;-)

> Anyhoo, like I said, I'm drunk & I just wanted to share.

I'll have to look at it again the next time I'm drunk...    ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-