POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb] : Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Jul 2005 03:30:38
Message: <42e9db1e@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.42e8e4b2d41a1e037856bfaa0@news.povray.org...

> Maybe one of Kepler's own pentagonal tilings... would they look good as
> parquetry?

I suppose so. I shall try to find an example on Google.

> I don't like the placement of the near bookcase, especially how it
obscures
> the portrait. How about moving the back wall back another two metres or
so,
> to create a corridor going off to our right? Then you could have the two
> bookcases side by side, with one of them disappearing onto the corridor. I
> think this would also look good with lighting from the left.

Funny how perceptions can be different from person to person! My wife
preferred the portrait half hidden.
I have moved the far bookcase to the left now. However, I shall take your
suggestion and move the backwall back (maybe also the right wall). In any
case the camera view was too crowded as is. A corridor to the right... or
maybe to the back.... I shall experiment. I have also a portrait of Tycho
Brahe that I want to put somewhere...

> > Need lots of scrolls too.
>
> I think the room still works without fancy scrollwork.

Sure. Just a few rolled-up things on top of the bookcase (starts to look
like my study!  ;-) )

> > To PM 2Ring: I posted the missing and corrected files in p.b.s-f. (hope
all
> > is complete!)
>
> Thanks, Thomas. I'll check them in the morning.

I hope everything is complete. If not, tell me!
Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated!

Thomas