POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : minimalism: final (~4k) : Re: minimalism: final (~4k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: minimalism: final (~4k)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 Jul 2005 03:54:20
Message: <42e88f2c$1@news.povray.org>
stm31415 wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
>>
>>>"povray" <pov### [at] almostbestwebnet> wrote in message

>>>Incredible!  When viewed in my "Windows picture and fax viewer" it's very
>>>reminiscent of Malevich's famous "black square", especially if the rotation
>>>of my screen is a little off.
>>>http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/irvinem/visualarts/Image-Library/Malevich/malevich-black-square-1913-2.jpg
>>>
>>>Obviously, you knew this, though, which really shows your genius.  Nice
>>>work!
>>>
>>>;-)
>>>

>>Brings back painful memories
>

> suprematism
> (fits, barely, within a line)
> is minimal, right?

Awhile back, in a thread I no longer remember the point of, I was
mouthing off as
usual, That time, I launched on a whole thing about "monochrome"
paintings/painters.  It was in response to a posted link to a picture of
a Malevich painting of a colored square against a white field.  Thing
was, I thought I was looking at a picture of a monochrome painting
hanging on a wall.  My memory had abbreviated Malevich's entire career
to his famous white on white painting and completely forgot what the
majority of his oeuvre looked like.  So I "saw" what I expected to see.
  Gilles responded very diplomatically as I recall.