POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainy Days (Take 2) : Re: Rainy Days (Take 2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainy Days (Take 2)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Jul 2005 02:18:10
Message: <42e72722@news.povray.org>
> I have a niggling worry about the conservation of matter. The splash seems
> just too dense - like someone dumped a bucket of water on the brolly - or
> sad-bag's standing under a downspout. However the rain density above the
> umbrella is relatively low - it seems it should just produce a melancholy
> dripping off the edge. Perhaps I'm missing an element of melodrama here?

Nah. There's a particle system that drops rain from above. The only problem
with the umbrella is, how to set it up properly to have the water more or
less pour down the umbrella. What I do is almost completely negate the
velocity, so the drops get very slow and roll off the umbrella. But since
they move slower, they cluster up more easily. Might have to work a little
on that, though I kinda like it.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>