POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainy Days (Take 2) : Re: Rainy Days (Take 2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainy Days (Take 2)
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 26 Jul 2005 17:38:44
Message: <42e6ad64$1@news.povray.org>
I have had a funny experience with this image (with take 1 in fact, but
it's the same). I first had a look at the picture on my usual computer,
with Ifranview, which shows the image in a large window with a black
background. As the background of your image is also fully black, I
thought that the pic was the full window showed by Ifranview, with an
aspect ratio that is wider than it is high (4/3-ish), and with the
character and the light occupying only ~1/3 of the pic, on the left (the
rest being all black). Then, on another computer, I saw the image with
its true apesct ratio.

I am allowed to say that I prefer the wide aspect ratio ;-) ? I find it
reinforces the loneliness feeling in the pic. Anyway, it likes the
picture very much ! Simple and effective.

Cheers,

Thibaut