POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainy days... : Re: Rainy days... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainy days...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Jul 2005 20:34:08
Message: <42e58500$1@news.povray.org>
>    I like it. It does convey 'loneliness' to me, which I often understand.
> like the rain effect, it works well as it is, but I wonder if you can't
add
> a spotlight in a horizontal plane just above the umbrella and then add
some
> rain in a small patch (half body length?), just to show the direction of
> where it's coming from? I think that would look good against a black
> background.

I'm not sure if I can follow your description. A lightsource to show what
exactly? Maybe the image is too dark on your monitor (it already is fairly
dark on mine, and I've never been one of those complaining about images
being too dark, so that must mean mine is pretty bright) and you can't see
it that well, but there are raindrops falling from above. All of them are
slightly stretched along the path they are moving on.

Or maybe I misunderstood you, care to try again?

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>