POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainy days... : Re: Rainy days... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainy days...
From: St
Date: 25 Jul 2005 18:40:57
Message: <42e56a79@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote in
message news:42e555aa@news.povray.org...
> Hi all!
>
> Semester is over and I've got some spare time. Even though the sun is
> shining, I'm not in a bright mood. Not sure if this is final, as I'm
> thinking about adding some surrounding to make it obvious that this poor
> little guy is the only one standing in the rain. My initial idea was to
> have
> him stand in a widescreen image to the left, and have color and light pour
> in from the right, though he and his immediate vicinity are still just in
> shades of gray. But I somehow ended up with this.
>
> Anyways, there ya go.

   Yep, there ya go Tim, it's amazing how images deviate from what you
actually wanted in the first place. I'm doing it all the time.

   I like it. It does convey 'loneliness' to me, which I often understand. I
like the rain effect, it works well as it is, but I wonder if you can't add
a spotlight in a horizontal plane just above the umbrella and then add some
rain in a small patch (half body length?), just to show the direction of
where it's coming from? I think that would look good against a black
background.

    ~Steve~