POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] : Re: Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Jul 2005 08:12:45
Message: <42e4d73d$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> - the hubs look a bit too clean - reminds me a bit of chrome coated
> plastic you see in toy cars.  This is probably emphasized by the lack of
> holes.

   Yes: it's already changed on the current model. It was the same
texture as the rest of the chromed details, but on the hubs it looked a
bit like that "fake chrome" plastic used on modern cheap hubs. :)

> - the rubber of the tires looks not completely rubber-like - maybe make
> it darker and add some bright dirt on the outer surface.  Did you use
> the rubber spectra i made some time ago BTW?

   Sorry, it's just pigment{Gray20}... I will give a try to your rubber
samples, but I think the problem is mainly with the finish and the lack
of a normal.

   Thanks!

--
Jaime