POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] : Re: Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Citroen GS (Wings3D+MegaPOV) [83K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Jul 2005 07:55:30
Message: <42e4d332$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> I think it was summer of 1981 when I travelled in Europe.  A Swiss
> man who had stayed with us in New York was returning the favor and
> drove us around his country in an old green Citroen.  He was very
> much inot the car and how it "handled" on the winding, guardless,
> mountain roads.  I remember sitting in the rear of that car and
> noticing in a rather detached way that I could not will my toes to
> uncurl.

   Jim, your messages are always a challenge for my "simple english"
skills. But it's a fun challenge, don't worry. If I understand well, you
are complaining about the experience of being a rear passenger on an old
Citroen driven by an European... no surprise there. With the GSA, all my
rear passenger always complained about it!

   This, and other Citroen cars were specially well known because the
"boat" effect they had on rear passengers... but I can assure you that
it was very comfortable for the driver! The problem was mainly on how
you had to take the turns to not lose speed, as the car had little
acceleration for the exits. And side wind had a very annoying effect on
the chassis (although it did not affect the driving).

--
Jaime