POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip shark [39 Kb] : Re: wip shark [52 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip shark [52 Kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Jul 2005 16:19:15
Message: <42e3f7c3@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>

> Why not try a black bg with a stronger and harsh light.

Many test runs are like that and it must be said they look very pretty.
  The spot light with falloff alone gives a very nice sense of the fish
emerging from the gloom and the color looks clear and crisp.

In this latest test I reduced the degree of large flopsum, added a fine
grained pea and reduced the general scattering to almost black.  I also
added real absorption to produce the color from the overhead light
(formerly it was just a colored light overhead.)

Also, in response to gonzo I adjusted the whole scene so that the camera
is now about 8 units from an 11 unit shark with a fade distance about 6
units, fade power 7 or so and a lens and spotlight angle of around 60
degrees.  The overhead light is about 100 units up with fade at 50
units, power 4.  I also used the Rune/Shay contrast trick

There is also enough modelling changes in this one, mostly to the eye
and vicinity and lower jaw, that I had to do a lot of work to fix the uv
map.  But I am not entirely happy with the results so I attach a
downscaled shot of the test here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.00111.jpg' (52 KB)