POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : over down and in - minimalism WIP : Re: over down and in - minimalism WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: over down and in - minimalism WIP
From: Tek
Date: 24 Jul 2005 06:19:27
Message: <42e36b2f@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the nice replies, here's a wallpaper sized version for those
who want it :)

Think I need slightly higher radiosity settings.

Also, Lenx mentioned lighting. It's all done with radiosity and a
brighter-than-white sky_sphere:
sky_sphere { pigment { gradient x scale 2 translate -1 colour_map { [0
rgb <3,2,1>][1 rgb <1,2,3>] } } }

Regarding textures, there's a slightly bumpy normal but it doesn't seem
to be doing anything, I'm gonna play with it a bit but don't worry Lenx,
I ain't planning on doing anything other than the most subtle of textures.

Tek

Tek wrote:
> You know I'm really starting to get into this minimalism thing. This
> came to me today at work (working on a saturday, not a good thing).
>
> Anyway this is my attempt at proper minimalism, taking advantage of the
> ray-traced medium to make something too perfect to really be built. It's
> loosely inspired by my love of cars and driving, and architecture too.
>
> The fun thing with this is that I keep tweaking the numbers and thinking
> about the "meaning" I want to convey, in a source file that's got only 9
> lines of code! :)
>
> Tek

Attachments:
Download 'over_in3.jpg' (60 KB)